Stress, poor diet, and other external factors can indeed hurt your hair. However, there are also several natural remedies for hair growth. For example, collagen is an incredibly useful protein that can help strengthen your hair and reverse the damage caused by stress or a poor diet. Does this mean you need to start drinking more bone broth? Not! The idea that drinking collagen will make your hair grow faster is a myth. Drinking collagen won’t directly stimulate hair growth. However, it can support healthier hair by strengthening the follicles. So, what exactly is collagen? And do we have any good reasons to give it a shot? Keep reading to find out more about collagen and its impact on your hair growth.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is a type of protein found throughout your body. Collagen is the foundation for your hair, skin, and nail strength. It’s also the reason that your skin stays smooth, firm, and youthful. As you age, collagen production decreases, which leads to many visible signs of aging, including wrinkles, cellulite, and saggy skin. Collagen is also important for hair growth since it helps with hair strength and growth stimulation. If you’re dealing with thinning hair, brittle nails, or issues with your hair growth, you may be deficient in collagen.
Why is Collagen Important for Hair Growth?
As you age, your body produces less collagen and elastin. This results in less firmness in your skin and hair. Collagen also helps to create new hair cells. With less collagen, your hair will be weaker and less likely to grow as long and as fast as it used to. Eating foods high in collagen is the best way to boost your collagen levels and support stronger and healthier hair. As the basic protein for connective tissue in your body, collagen is important for hair health and growth. Collagen provides your hair strands with the strength, structure, and elasticity they need to grow long and strong.
4 Reasons to Add Collagen to Your Diet
If you want healthier hair, stronger nails, and a more youthful appearance, you need to increase your collagen intake. If you are wondering why you should add collagen to your diet, here are 4 reasons why it’s a good idea.
– Stronger hair – Stronger hair strands with improved elasticity are less likely to break or fall out. They are also easier to style and make you look more attractive.
– Healthy skin – Collagen is the main protein that keeps your skin smooth and supple. It reverses the signs of aging and keeps your skin looking young and beautiful.
– Stronger nails – Stronger nails are less likely to break. They are easier to take care of, grow slower, and last longer.
– Improved digestion – Most people have no idea that collagen also helps with digestion. It supports healthy gut function and can prevent digestive issues.
– Topical benefits – The benefits from collagen don’t just stop with what happens inside your body. They extend to what you put on your skin as well. Collagen creams and serums are popular for their anti-aging and skin-strengthening properties.
3 Natural Ways to Get More Collagen
– Eat more collagen-rich foods – If you want stronger hair and nails, adding more collagen-rich foods to your diet is a great start. Foods like poultry, fish, eggs and dairy products are packed with collagen.
– Supplement with collagen – This is a great way to get extra collagen into your diet if you struggle to fit it into your daily menu.
– Moisturize with collagen-rich products – If you want to get topical benefits from collagen, you can apply collagen-rich creams, serums, and lotions to the hair and skin.
Looking for a way to keep your skin looking young and healthy? Look no further than bonKind’s collagen elixir shots! This innovative beauty product is made with pure collagen that helps keep your skin elastic and reduce visible signs of aging. Simply add a shot of collagen to your skincare routine once a day, and watch your skin transform in no time!
If you want healthier and more attractive skin, stronger nails, and more beautiful hair, you need to increase your collagen intake. There are plenty of ways to add more collagen to your diet. You can also supplement with collagen and use collagen-rich creams and lotions to get topical benefits. With more collagen in your diet, you can expect stronger, healthier hair.